So here’s a question: why the hell should anybody start a startup?
- I just want to do this.
- Because I can do this so why should I do it for someone else.
- I have an ingenious idea.
- I got lots of money and I like to take chances.
- Any other reason
So basically the answer is all except 1 right?. why? Because if you open a startup because you think it’s a good source of income, you’re most likely an idiot. Having said that, I do have the number $10,000,000 written all over my window at home. Because you just have to aim somewhere.
So just a few tips there:
- You’re NOT going to make money at least 6 months, probably more. Have something at the side prepared for that.
- It kind of sucks to know you don’t have a paycheck and you have little idea when you will. It makes you cheap, and it makes you think about every penny you spend. You have to accept the fact that you’re spending your savings, and that it’s for a good reason. Otherwise your daily life will just suck, and you don’t want that. It’ll make your startup suck as well. So don’t think twice about every day spending.
- On the other hand – you might want to wait with that new home theater system you wanted..
- Do gigs on the side for some pocket money if you can.
- But – make sure most of your time is invested in your startup. Juggling between a day job and a startup rarely works.
That was my two cents about it. If anybody has other tips feel free to comment and share.